Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011







Today we celebrated Mother's Day. We went to church together and then enjoyed a nice lunch at Crisper's. I have to say that there is nothing I enjoy more than being a mom. It is the most challenging and frightening calling, and I pray daily that God would give me wisdom in the task, but I absolutely love it. I love waking up to Cole yelling, "It's time to wake up!" I love Noah's hugs and the little dance he does in the morning when he sees me open the door to get him . I love how Cole is so tender with his brother and how Noah will just randomly hug Cole. I love hearing Cole reading off fan name after fan name from his multitude of fan catalogs. I love that one of Noah's favorite foods in the world is broccoli (mine too). I love that Cole still adores his blankie and still loves me to hold him. I love tucking both of my boys into bed at night. I love lying in bed with Cole at night and giggling as we tell stories and jokes. I love that Noah gets so excited to show me things when we're driving. I love playing "punch bug" with Cole, and how no matter who sees it first, he ALWAYS saw it first. I love when Noah tells "knock knock" jokes. I love making all of Cole's stuffed animals talk and play with him. I love spending each day with my little guys and watching them grow and change. I so just want to hold onto these memories and precious times with them. God has so blessed me with my boys :)


At the end of our church service today, the pastor's wife read a book about how parents are always celebrating their children's "firsts" (first steps, first words, first tooth), but that we rarely remember their lasts (the last time we held them, the last time they picked us a flower, the last time they snuggled with their blankie, etc.). Needless to say, I (and every other mother in the service) was a mess. I almost start crying just thinking about moving beyond these sweet years, yet I know and remind myself that each stage is special and that the goal is not to hold onto them forever. I pray for strength to embrace each milestone and look to the future with excitement, while still cherishing these amazing years with my little guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment