So I decided this was the best time to potty train Noah since our Tuesday AM church class and Thursday AM Homeschool group are out until after Christmas. Noah is almost the exact age Cole was when he potty trained in 2 days, so I was hoping for similar results. Well, Noah did it even faster. After one day, he is in exclusively underwear day and night. I still can't get him to go #2 on the potty, but I am SO proud of how quickly he caught on and what a trooper he was in the process.
He got a plastic roach as a prize the first day, as he loves bugs. I DESPISE roaches, but this one has grown on me. Noah has had Roachy go through potty training too. When Noah pees, Roachy does. When Noah gets a jelly bean for peeing, Roachy does too. They have bonded in the process and now Roachy goes everywhere with Noah. Thankfully, he is about 10 times the size of any real roach I have seen, so there is no mistaking it for a live one :)
Kind of weird to be done with diapers so suddenly. Noah was SO ready but it does mark the end of a certain phase of his little life, and those goodbyes are always a little harder for me than the boys. Not having to change poopy diapers will certainly make this transition a bit easier :)
No comments:
Post a Comment