
When I set out on this homeschooling journey, I had no idea how much both Cole and I would enjoy it. We are having such a great time, and I know I'm his mother, but he is doing AWESOME. The picture above was taken on the day our ants arrived in the mail for our ant hill. You can see that Cole was just a little excited about it :) We do school for an hour to an hour and a half when Noah goes down for his nap. At this point, I just can't focus on school with Cole while Noah is awake. As Noah gets older and a little less in need of constant supervision, I am sure we will adjust our schedule and do some things involving Noah too, but for the time being, this is working well. Cole loves math and reading and is always up for a science experiment or art project. I am really enjoying watching him learn to love reading. He has even started reading to Noah sometimes. Cole is also wonderful at memorizing his Bible verses and loves learning the Bible stories. He has really started to ask me some tough questions too. I haven't quite figured out how to explain the Trinity to a 4 year old :) We talk alot about heaven, as that seems to intrigue him, and also alot about what it means to be a follower of Jesus. I have been very careful not to push him into making a decision to follow Jesus before he understands what it means, as I want it to be a decision he makes on his own when he realizes his need for a Savior. I also don't want him to do it just to make me happy. I do pray for him and Noah constantly that they will come to know Christ at a young age. I get excited to think about how God may use them in the future. I am so thankful to have a son like Cole who is critically thinking about all of these things and asking really good questions. He does have a kind, kind heart, and I see it daily in his sensitivity towards both Noah and me. I couldn't ask for a better "student," and I thank God for the opportunity to be a part of these amazing years of growth in knowledge and understanding of so many things. What a joy and honor it is to be Cole's Mommy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment