Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Day in Our Home







My sister had a blog entry a month or so ago that showed pictures of scenes from around her house that she wanted to remember from this time in life. It almost made me cry when I read it, and then today when I found Cole's Animal Train parked in my closet, I decided to do the same thing. This is such a special time in our lives, and I sometimes forget to stop and enjoy these moments amidst all the chaos and sleep deprivation.
Cole loves to play on "Mommy and Daddy's Bed." Any opportunity we get, we wrestle on the bed, make pillow mountains, make ice cream shops, get under the covers to make a tent, etc. I think Cole just enjoys the one on one attention with us, as he always tells me that Noah needs to go in the swing while we play on the bed because "he doesn't like the bed." Almost weekly, playing on the bed with Daddy results in Cole throwing up from laughing so hard :)
Right now in our living room there is an exer-saucer, a bouncer chair, a swing, a play mat, Elmo, Curious George, and a pile of laundry. Sometimes it seems that we are being crowded out by baby gear and toys, but it is such the picture of our life right now.
Cole loves making "water footprints" on his bath mat when he gets out of the tub. I took a picture of his little feet the other night.



2 comments: